Monday, December 15, 2014

Mailbox Monday # 5 ♥ & Bookshelf's Mini Reviews #4

Monday, December 15, 2014



Warning: This might cause major envy if you like books.

These are the items that have popped up in my mailbox in the past two weeks.
Happy Reading! :) This is probably my biggest mail haul ever. I'm going to be busy reading these books for the rest of December yay! My mailman thinks I'm a shopaholic.. Also, I will be reviewing one of the books in this post so keep reading.

Meme hosted by the original Mailbox Monday Blog.

ARC'S & Review Copies

Gifted by my Sister!

E-book ARC's & Review Copies
Personal Kindle Purchases


Broken by CJ Lyons
Broken has a good concept, but it was quite flawed. Scarlet has a rare and untreatable heart condition, she thinks she will die literally of a broken heart. So, Scarlet chooses to attend a public high school - even thought she might not have that much time left. She's taunted there and teased by several classmates. This story also had bullying in it which I liked that it touched base on it, but it felt too short and the potential was wasted. I expected a lot more from this book, since I had heard quite a bit about it.  
Broken had a nice ending, but I disliked the weird love triangle they had in this book. The chemistry wasn't even there with one of the guys. The guy she should have been with, she wasn't with him so that's depressing. This is a perfectly good example of a great concept gone wrong. I think I'm the broken one after reading this book.









Master Over You by Ethan Winters & Gery's Duleys
Master Over You is not a book suitable for children and teens under the age of 18, so be warned.
Noah and Angeline are slave traders with haunting, yet similar pasts. I picked this book up because of the cover, it's catchy. Master Over You falls more on the dark romance side.. This was a really crazy book, I happened to like this much better than the overrated Fifty Shades series. I'm not a huge fan of alpha males in novels who want to dominate women though, it sounds too cliche and creepy. So it was a nice change to see the opposite happen here. I LOL'ed at that part.
This was a deep novel, and it takes Stockholm Syndrome to a whole novel.  I find SS fascinating to read about since I study psychology. As of right no dark novel or real life situation has changed my mind about it being "romantic" though. I did love reading about it in the YA read called Stolen which isn't about torture and rape. I like reading about it, but I don't agree that it's romantic. Did you guys like Beauty & The Beast? I loved it! There is SS there if you think about it. Overall, Master Over You was a nice read, and I liked it. It's something different from a lot of dark romance novels I've read in the past.
Disclosure: Review Copy of Master Over You was sent behalf of Xpresso Book Tours.

Shukran for reading this! Leave your blog links in the comments & I'll be sure to check them out & follow :) Stay in tuned pretty creatures..
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."— Mahatma Gandhi
femmmefatalee@gmail.com

22 comments:

  1. Definitely want to read girl online

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read it.. It's not good at all, you can tell Zoe clearly did not write it. I cannot wait to write my rant about it soon! :D

      Delete
  2. lovely post <3 http://shizasblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul! I am excited for all your reviews!
    Missie A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) ♥ I have many in queue soon.

      Delete
  4. Look at ALL those books! Happy reading!

    Neither of the two books you reviewed sound like my cup of tea either.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness that it a LOT of books! How do you find the time?? I'm definitely jealous. I hope you love them all :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I try with my timings. I read pretty fast though, I usually finish two books almost every other day ♥ Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Thats a lotta books to read !! Have fun reading girl and do review a few of them :)

    New Post - xoxo Chaicy - Style..A Pastiche!
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm planning onto soon ♥ Once I'm done with my last final tomorrow, I'll do a few reviews afterwards.

      Delete
  7. Holy cow! That is a lot of books! I hope you have a chance to read them all!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope so :) I've finished a couple already. Thank you ♥

      Delete
  8. It looks like you have some great reads coming up in the future! I can't wait to see how they turn out :3 I also really like the books your sister gifted you!

    I tagged you in a tag! http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/12/creatures-of-night-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, I'm planning on some right now :) & Aw, thank you! I've just seen the tag. Its' really cute, I'll do mine soon as well. ♥

      Delete
  9. That is one amazing haul, you've got so many brilliant books to choose from. Good luck deciding what to read first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually go by the order I receive them or sometimes I chose whichever is more catchy :)

      Delete
  10. Total and complete envy! (:
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, don't be :) There's many books out there for everyone.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.